Maria Shukerova attorney-at-law is a managing partner and founder of Antonova & Shukerova law firm. She has Law Master’s Degree, EU Law Master’s Degree and Economics Master’s Degree.
She has successfully passed the Bar exam and she is member of the Sofia Bar Association.
She is included in the approved list of professionals who may be appointed as assignees in insolvency proceedings under the Bulgarian Commercial Act by virtue of Order LS-I- 545/14.05.2014, issued by the Minister of Justice (State Gazette № 44 of 27 May 2014).
She is included in the Registry Agency’s list of liquidators, approved by Order № 01-326/16.09.2014 of the Executive Director.
She is included in the Bulgarian National Bank's list of the professionals who may be appointed as assignees in insolvency proceedings of a bank;
In 2016 attorney-at-law Maria Shukerova has completed the international Master’s Degree program “EU LAW”.
- She has a certificate for practicing as an investment consultant in the Financial Supervision Commission;
- She has a certificate for real property appraiser in the Chamber of Independent Appraisers;
- She has a certificate for businesses and receivables appraiser in the Chamber of Independent Appraisers;
- She has a certificate for “EU Funds 2014-2020-Development and Management of Grant Projects“;
- She has a certificate for further training “Cadastre and Regulation“.
- The professional career of Maria Shukerova has started in a bank where she has worked for 10 years.
- Since May 2014 she practices as an assignee in insolvency proceedings. Until present she has been appointed as an assignee in more than thirty insolvency proceedings, among which of merchants with various legal form, such as: sole proprietors, limited liability companies/sole member limited liability companies, general partnerships, and joint - stock companies.
Practice as an assignee and liqudator:
- Maria Shukerova is presently an assignee of the thirty-four companies, a liqudator of one and a supervisory body of one;
- As an assignee she has sold the whole property of two of the companies within the short period of six months and her active work has considerably contributed to the quick completion of the proceedings and the highest satisfaction of creditors.
- She acts with initiative, creativity, discipline, responsibility and discretion when perfoming her duties. Throughout the proceedings she obeys legal rules and requirements;
- Since January 2017 she has been appointed for an assignee of the biggest trade company in insolvency proceedings – “KMB BULGARIA” EAD /i./.
- She is a legislative collaborator of the National Assembly regarding the “Personal Bankruptcy” project and the “Compulsory Electronic Voting“ project;
- She is a participant in a workgroup to the Ministry of Justice for amendments of the Commercial Act. The workgroup is established for filling in of omissions in the Commercial Act, with the intention of achieving faster and more effective conducting of the insolvency proceedings and unification of the case-law of the courts on legislative level.
- She is a participant in a workgroup to the Ministry of Justice regarding the changes of the Commercial Act and the Stabilization proceedings.
- She is a participant in the informal committee to the Ministry of Justice for the reception of representatives of the World Bank.
- Maria Shukerova is presently the President of the Association of the Assignees in Bulgaria.